Document Templates are a simple way of customising Qualio to your organizations needs. When you create a template, you're creating a blue print for all documents of that type going forward.
Creating A New Template:
- Go to the Settings Icon > Organization Settings > Documents
- Click the "Create new document template" button.
- On the document edit screen complete the following information:
- Name: Give your document template a name
Prefix: Give your document template a prefix. The prefix will be automatically added to every document created using this template along with the system generated number giving it it’s unique ID e.g. SOP-XX. The Prefix can only contain letters and must to end with the “-“ character. Top tip- Make sure your prefix is somewhat descriptive. You can search the library/workspace using this prefix!
Your default settings will be applied to all of your documents created from your new template.
- Training Available?: Sets if training will be available on this document type.
- Retraining required on each version?: When the document is updated to a new version will training be required for the users on the new version?
- Review Period: Defines how often these document needs to be reviewed.
Automatically make effective on approval?: When the document is approved it is automatically set to effective on the approval date and available to your users in the library.
Sections and Default Content.
- To add a new section click the “Add first section” button.
- Give section a title, this will display as the section header on the document and PDF exports of the document.
- Select the section Type:
Text: This is the default section type, used for text, images, tables etc.
Attachment: This section type enables multiple files to be attached.
Top tip: You can create attachment only document types. This is useful for documents you need to store, but won't edit regularly.
- In the editor add default content which will be added to each new document that is created.
Top tip: You can utilize pre-populated tables to create form-life documents. You can add text to act as instructions to your users.
- To add another section click the “Add another section” button.
- If you want to re-order the Sections you can use the "Move section up" and "Move section down" arrows to ensure the section order is correct.
- If you have create a section in error you can click the red delete icon to remove the section.
- Once you have created the sections you need. Click the “Create new document template” button to save your changes and create the new template.
Editing a Template:
- Go to the Settings Icon > Organizational Settings > Documents
- Click on the Template name of the template you want to edit.
- You can now edit the; Basic Information, Default Settings & Sections and Default Content as above.
- If you delete a section, you will be asked what you would like to do with it's content, with the option to discard it or migrate it into another section.
- Once you have made the updates you need/want, click the "Save Changes" button on the bottom of the page.
Deleting a Template
Note: Prefixes are unable to be reused so when any template is deleted, that document prefix will no longer be available when creating a new template. If you need to completely overhaul a template structure but would like to keep the same prefix, delete the template's individual sections and create new, appropriate sections.
- Go to Settings Icon > Organizational Settings > Documents
- Click on the Template name of the template you would like to delete.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the template and click the Delete button.
- Confirm your deletion of the template. (Note: Any existing documents that had been created with this template will not be deleted.)
You will be prompted to update any draft documents that use this template after you have saved your changes, with the option to preview the new layout before committing the update.
This step can be skipped and the author will be prompted when they next go to edit the document in question.